One of Korvosa’s minor crimelords is Gaedren Lamm, a despicable low-life who missed his chance at being somebody big in Korvosa’s murky underworld. Well past his prime, the decrepit thief abducts orphans and forces them to support his despicable lifestyle with petty crime. Many of Korvosa’s lower class have had dealings with Lamm, and even a few of the city’s middle class and nobility have had their lives complicated by this foul old man. Yet no matter what he does, he always seems to slip away from the guards and avoid answering for his crimes.
Even before Curse of the Crimson Throne begins, you and the other PCs have a shared trait—you’ve all been wronged, in some manner, by the despicable Gaedren Lamm. The campaign you are about to begin starts as you and several other promising young heroes are brought together to do what the city guards cannot (or will not) do—to see that Gaedren Lamm answers for his crimes, be that in a court of law or at the edge of a vengeful blade.Some possible suggestions for prior connections:
- Unhappy Childhood – You were one of the children Lamm forced to crime
- Missing Child – a child that you know has been abducted by Lamm
- Love Lost – Lamm or one of his thugs killed a loved one
- Framed – Lamm killed someone and framed a loved one or yourself for the murder
- Drug Addiction – a loved one or yourself became a drug addict due to his drugs